Amazing mercy, how sweet the sound...
We focus more on grace as opposed to mercy; I feel like that's the natural inclination anyways, since we suppress the fact that we are all sinners and deserve an eternity in hell. But where grace is, there was first mercy, don't forget that. Mercy is not being punished for something you deserve; it’s withholding severe reprimand. Grace is getting something when you don't deserve it.
God is unfair.
I can run, jump, sing, and dance. I can talk and I can laugh. I have clothes, I have a bed, and I have a house. I have a camera, computer, and a TV with cable. I live in a great country, resources are easy to get, and the the air conditioning in my house is amazing. I am privileged to go to a private Christian school. I have incredible friends and I am healthy… but the most unfair of all: I have salvation. That’s not fair; I do not deserve the ability to know God. It’s been given to me through grace. I literally eat, sleep, walk, sit, and breathe in God’s grace. Hallelujah for mercy. My best friend, Madison, holds the phrase, “I need God to help me love God.” That phrase is so true. I sin, I commit evil practices everyday, and I long for my selfish desires over God. I do. Every Christian does; no one has it together. Thank God he is unfair. He gives wisdom without finding fault. He never leaves nor forsakes. He is slow to anger.I am corrupt; I am not perfect. I deserve to be punished and thrown into Hell to be consumed by fire and the wrath of God. But God chose to save me; He loves me that much. I was supposed to be on the cross dying for my own sins, but God had mercy and sent his own Son for me. Wow, now that is unfair.
Comments
Post a Comment