A Contextual Shift: Go Therefore and Make

Father, glorify your name!" Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again." – John 12:28

I've come to find that my brain works beautifully at night. Everyone is asleep. Social media is paused. There are no distractions. It’s just me; so my brain starts creating from just me. It's not grabbing and borrowing ideas from around me because there are no other ideas in action due to my side of the world resting its head for the night. I start to create new things from who I am. I think that even the greatest artist has to wait for an hour like this to create the next "big thing." The next big thing is not original; it's unique. And there is no one in the world that is exactly the same as another person, so therefore, the idea of any person creating from within them is unique, different, and attention catching.

The “silent hours” of the night is where I am inspired to be a child of the day. I mean, you want people to see and notice your idea right? That can't be done effectively in the night surrounded by (literal) darkness. I take ideas that are created in the wee hours of the morning and put them forth in the day. I consider myself an artist because I create videos, music, and writings; and I consider you one too. Creativity is involved in virtually everything.. If you don't think so, you should make it to where it is. 

The first characteristic of God in the Bible is creativity.

 "In the beginning God created."- Gen. 1:1

When did God create? When the earth was "formless and void, and darkness covered it." No, I'm not saying you have to stay up late like me and be in literal darkness to come up with and create something unique. But God doesn’t intend for us to live as formless, void, and dark people? Otherwise he would’ve created us as formless, void, and dark people in a formless, void, and dark world. 

- God has shown his divine and invisible qualities in his creation and we are to reflect that.

- God created us in his own image; in the image of God, he created us.

- Being made in his likeness, we too have to ability to create. 

"I can't draw, Elizabeth." Well no, not all of us may be able to literally create like drawing or painting, but we all are capable of new ideas, inventions, organizations, etc.

Be inspired. Go. Create. And change.

God created and gave us, humans, ability. Everything we have is from God (1 Chronicles 29:14). And ability, or talent, from God, is usually displayed for God thoroughly by Christians.. But usually you only get the “God perspective” of their talent; it's used directly for the glorification of God, the way it should be. But when you look at secular ability and talent, its purpose in creation was not necessarily driven to glorify God, yet it was still created by God given talent. When you search hard enough in other cultures and in plain secularism, it's awesome how broad our God is. He will glorify his name no matter what and he will do it again.

Comments