Abba
What an awe-inspiring family we would be, leading in church always happy.
Feeling their comforting touch of safety as I sat in between them in church wrapped in their trust.
We were together.
Family.
Together they taught me right from wrong and how to be wise.
My soul only knew unison.
Through measly hardships and laughs we grew.
A hallow echo sounds now within tandem.
Three years since I last brushed shoulders in the church pews with them.
Discord began when I woke to screaming, fighting, and tears- Elizabeth, everything is going to be okay.
Numbly, I watched as my dad walked out- it's only for a little while.
{January 10th at 11:17 p.m. 2014}
I was 14 when I realized this.
Feeling their comforting touch of safety as I sat in between them in church wrapped in their trust.
We were together.
Family.
Together they taught me right from wrong and how to be wise.
My soul only knew unison.
Through measly hardships and laughs we grew.
A hallow echo sounds now within tandem.
Three years since I last brushed shoulders in the church pews with them.
Discord began when I woke to screaming, fighting, and tears- Elizabeth, everything is going to be okay.
Numbly, I watched as my dad walked out- it's only for a little while.
{January 10th at 11:17 p.m. 2014}
When I rise in the morning, He is there. He's the head of my house; He leads me. He's my protector from evil. He provides my daily bread. He takes me all over the world. He teaches me and freely gives me wisdom. He's my comforter when I'm hurt. He holds my head up and wipes each tear away. Joy and peace rush over me through Him. He loves me; I am his child and He is my King. Hallelujah.
Comments
Post a Comment