The Clock

October 2nd, 2011 at 11:57 p.m., the chims were dull; yelling, thumps, and bickering replaced the comforting, peaceful chimes of the four quarters every hour. 
They used to echo in the background of the lively, exciting conversation of my family in the living room. 

November 11, 2011 at noon, there was just silence. You couldn't even hear the ticking; it was dead. Unison was being counted down and I thought those chimes were annoying; how selfish of me. No one bothered to fix it, that was the least of our troubles. It stopped and I thought that meant I had time to recover and the world would wait on me, but life kept moving forward.

Time doesn't need to be visual to make its changes known. People change, circumstances change, desires change... Time changes and it changes things. 

September 29th, 2014 at 6:45 the chimes sang to me again.
"They remind me of happy times," my mom says... 

An unchanging God pushes me counterclockwise for His glory and I will chime His praises by the hour until my ticker stops. 


Comments