The End of the Beginning


This is the end of the beginning; a wonderful intro to the greatest experiences and worst miseries to come, but we hope always for the best.
Life is tragic. It is filled with heartache and mishap. “That’s just life,” they say. People have turned on me, abandoned me, and lied. I have lost things, showed up late, and forgotten. Ignoring the levels of severity, it’s all tragic. 
However, life is beautiful. It is filled with passion and love. “Count your blessings,” they say. People have supported me, trusted me, and encouraged. I have accomplished things, created new ideas, and shared my joy. Forgetting all factors around, the underlying medium found within these things is beauty. My life was not always this way, but when it became tragic, I decided to live. It is beautiful until your innocence is swept up and stolen, then life  becomes a beautiful tragedy. I have learned that it is a choice to live this way, however, followed along with the right choices. What allows beauty within a tragic series is hope. 
My hope is found in the Lord Jesus Christ. In him, all surpassing power is found. On his wings I soar and forget what is corrupting beneath me. Through prayer and petition, I focus on his will for my life and go against my flesh to obey it. His rewards contain the most elating joy. Through tragedy, my chin is lifted and I am empowered with a strength not my own to carry on. Because of this, I will continue to rest my hope in the creator of the universe and plead to be used for his glory. 

On  August 15th of 2015, I will be moving to New York City to attend the King’s College on the corner of Wall Street and Broad Way. I will be living at the Vogue one block away from the Empire State Building and the world’s largest Macy’s store. My goal is to get an MCA degree (Media, Culture, and Arts) and specialize in journalism and film. With late nights, many hours at the library, extra work, and the grace and mercy of God, I have received full tuition for college and am working on housing costs. 

I did not get here on my own. I want you to sincerely know that I am thankful for the support, love, and encouragement I have received. To my friends, all of them, thank you for being excited for me, telling me, “You’ve got this!”, and deeply investing in me. To my family, I know not all of you were on board for me to go to New York, but nonetheless you told me to accomplish my dreams and you loved me at my darkest hour and supported me unconditionally. To my high school teachers and faculty, thank you for putting up with me, humoring me, and teaching me more than the math problem on the board or history in the book; you taught me valuable life lessons that I will carry for the rest of my life. To my peers, many of you I do not know very well, but you approached me the night of graduation with words of encouragement that gave me life and some with financial support. I am not worthy of any good words or deeds, but I cannot express how grateful I am that you have showed it to me. In doing this, I have been inspired to do the same to others as you have done.


As you watch this video of my high school career, I hope you are able to feel passion for life and how beautiful it is when you fight against your flesh to soar on the wings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Though man is permissible of great achievements and success, I am but dust. 

Comments